Going a bit off piste here, but hell, variety is the spice of life!
So here is a list of books that I read last year that I had not read before:
- Never Let Me Go – Kazuo Ishiguro
- Nature via Nurture – Matt Riddley
- Looking for Alaska – John Green
- A Farewell To Arms – Ernest Hemingway
- The Minds of Billy Milligan – Daniel Keyes
- Human Traces – Sebastian Faulks
- All Quiet on the Western Front – Erich Maria Remarque
- The Psychopath Test – Jon Ronson
- Game of Thrones – George R. R. Martin
- The Kite Runner – Khaled Hosseini
- Atonement – Ian McEwan
- One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest (Play) – Dale Wesserman
- Julius Caesar – William Shakespeare
- Sybil – Flora Rheta Schrieber
- Paper Towns – John Green
Yeah i know it’s pathetically short, I will try harder this year. I’m not really into new years resolutions but I found this quite a good way of looking back on 2011. Let me know what you think of these or if you have any good recommendations for my 2012 list!
N.B. This month I am planning to finally finish Omeros – Derek Walcott, I also want to read The Fault in our Stars – John Green and Genome – Matt Riddley. I might finish the second Game of Thrones, and The Messenger – Marcus Zusak (not bad but no The Book Thief) but let’s not be overambitious.